Guide for the Bride – Top Wedding Venues
Planning a wedding is way harder than most people realize! I’m not saying that the process can’t be fun and exciting, but there are so many decisions to be made. So, now that you’re rocking that shiny new bling and have officially updated your Facebook profile to “engaged”, where do you even begin? The next step to saying “I do” is securing the perfect venue and setting the date. We are so fortunate to live 45 minutes from all great venues in Maryland, DC and Virginia. So, I thought I would put in my two cents on some of my favorite wedding venues throughout the DMV area especially since I have literally been driving from one side of DC and Maryland to the other to meet with these amazing venue coordinators.
I have been honored to photograph weddings at most of these venues shown below and a few are on my wedding photography bucket list. So, in no particular order, check it out!
Flora Corner Farm
– This is not your typical Southern Maryland “barn”. It’s new. It’s clean, and it’s oh so pretty! The pale yellow venue is a great choice if you want to have an outdoor ceremony and a romantic indoor reception. Your guests will want to stay all night with the outdoor lawn games and relaxing fire pit.
Robin Hill Farm
– Located in Southern Prince George’s County, not only is this a farm but also a beautiful vineyard. There’s a bridal suite for getting ready and even the animals are photogenic.
– Where do I even begin? The long driveway, lined with the tallest of trees on one side and fields on the other, builds anticipation as you arrive to the main house located right on the tranquil water in Ridge, Maryland. With many guest rooms and cottages, your family and bridal party will have ample space to get ready or have a full night’s sleep after dancing all night long. Can you imagine saying your vows under the trees and retreating to the newly built barn for your reception?
– This Gaithersburg wedding venue has major wow factor and it’s pretty reasonably priced, especially if you are a county resident. From the grandiose ceiling heights, gleaming hardwood floors, this stately home would be ideal for the sophisticated and preppy couple.
– Are you planning a wedding with under 100 guests and love the charm of the South? The property and gardens are vast and this historic landmark will not disappoint.
International Country Club
– What’s not to love about this Fairfax Country Club? The outdoor ceremony overlooks the lush golf course and water fountain, with a ballroom reception and food that is to die for!!! Their customer service is top notch and with over 240 acres to explore, they are happy to shuttle the bride and groom in their personal stretch golf cart to have photographs taken on the golf course and a historic stone home also on the property.
– Located in Falls Church, this venue can accommodate up to 200 people with indoor and outdoor options. The outdoor grounds are gorgeous with modern architecture mixed in with the natural beauty of the mature trees and landscape. The romantic waterfall makes for the most romantic bride and groom portraits.
River’s Edge Catering Center
– Rain or shine, your wedding day will be amazing at this venue located on the Patuxent River Naval Base. Your ceremony can be outdoors overlooking the Patuxent River, but their indoor ceremony option is just as beautiful with huge elaborate windows, letting in a lot of natural light and you can break out those dance moves in their ballroom with your 300 closest friends and family. Did I mention you can have your own bar? I mean an entire room dedicated as a lounge.
Swan Harbor Farm
– Honestly, I just don’t have words. This beautiful, amazing, stunning, I’m running out of adjectives, wedding venue, is all that and so much more. The property is so massive they will usher the bride and groom around the grounds in a golf cart for their formal portraits. Picture the movie, Father of the Bride, with the stunning home in the background and lush landscape and water features everywhere you turn. It’s like a Hampton’s wedding, right in Havre de Grace, Maryland.
Now booking 2017 weddings at these amazing venues and more! Let’s chat! Email me at email@example.com for more details and to see if your date is still available.